WHAT WE DO:
- Providing route ways into something worthwhile, fulfilling, this can include, training, education, voluntary work, mentoring, coaching sessions, CV’s, applications, Job search sessions.
- We aim to promote a routine.
- Improve your social skills, improve confidence and self-esteem, easing people in gently, life can be difficult at times and when your lacking confidence even more so.
- Engaging with us doesn’t necessarily mean you’re ready for work, some of my customers will never be ready for work for one reason or another.
- Personal development is not just about work, overcoming an addiction is personal development, we just hope to assist.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
- Our Advisors have many years’ worth of experience in working with disadvantaged individuals.
- From treatment and recovery to Job Centre and benefits centred support, providing advice, guidance and assistance for people with a wide range of requirements.
- We appreciate that everybody is different and the barriers experienced are varied, therefore we fit our provision depending upon an individual’s circumstances.
- We aim to promote personal development as a positive part of recovery gradually changing attitudes and opinions towards personal development and the world of work.
- And of course for clients that are ready for work we ensure the transition from unemployment to employment is as smooth as possible.
- And do you know what? We’re nice people.
WHY TALK TO US?
- Give us the chance, have a chat with us, even if you’re not sure what you want.
- Come and have a chat whether you think you would benefit at this moment in time or not.
- We don’t baffle people; information overload is more counterproductive than no information at all.
- We simply intend to plant seeds, introduce ourselves without being over bearing.
- We can help promote positivity, providing realistic opportunities that may give a person something to aim for.
- There are no time limits; it takes as long as it takes, no stress, no pressure.
- While we encourage people to take advantage of opportunities, we move at your speed.
- We cater for all, whether an individual has never worked, lengthy criminality, health problems, we’ve seen it all and we’ve seen people who fit into those categories move from strength to strength and achieve their goals and aspirations.
- An introduction to us early in an individual’s journey places us among the familiar faces category, reducing any anxieties later. So ask your recovery co-ordinator to refer you today, or pop in for an informal chat, our door is always open.
Recovery Works also offer a confidence building course called ‘Focus and Fly’. This is a 10 week course that lasts for 3 hours per week, and will help with your personal and social development – ask your keyworker for more details and for a referral.