- This event has passed.
The Hidden Harm of Substance Use -Working with Families (Full day training)
July 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
This training is free to all professionals & volunteers in the Blackburn with Darwen area
The course aims to raise awareness of the issues affecting the children of problem substance users. It helps the learner to spot the signs of harm and identify appropriate windows of opportunity to break the cycle and safeguard the child.
This session will use national documentation such as, ‘Hidden Harm and Safeguarding Families’, and the local ‘MPACT’ approach as foundations from which to develop good practice when working with families.
By the end of this session, participants will have had an opportunity to:
- Explore the issues regarding drug use and its impact on families
- Consider the impact of parents and child/young person’s drug use on the family
- Discuss effective ways of working with and supporting families affected by drug use
- Analyse the possible impacts of drug and alcohol use on child welfare and development
- Consider effective approaches to working with families where substance misuse is an issue
- Gain up to date information about local drug service provision
Please note this course does not replace safeguarding training
This training session will assist in the attainment of the following Drugs and Alcohol National Occupational Standards: AA1, AA4, AC1, AD1, AD4, AB2, AB6 and AB7.
Please note: if you wish to cancel your place we require written notice (including email) 5 working days prior to the course date. Non-attendance or late cancellation may result in your organisation being charged £40 administration cost